666-Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join us or be Damned

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the home of the 666
We are the 666-clan.org
Wear your [666] tag proudly
Fear is for the sheep!

PS3 WorldWide Error

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

PS3 WorldWide Error Empty
PostSubject: PS3 WorldWide Error   PS3 WorldWide Error EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 12:04 am

Yes looks like the milenium bug was a bit late in coming as a lot of fat PS3s are getting errors and being unable to sign into the PSN and in some cases games with dynamic trophies are not playable.

Here is what i found, props to the source:

Quote :
Here’s what’s going on right now: something with the PS3’s internal clock has borked in some pre-slim models. This is not a PSN issue; it has to do with your PS3’s clock. This clock is NOT related to the OS clock. It seems to be a leap year bug. Setting your clock ahead will do nothing. All PS3s around the world were affected at the exact same time.

Does this affect me?

-If you have a Slim PS3, you’re good to go. Continue playing it as normal.
-If you have a “fat” PS3, you may be affected. Some fat PS3s have worked ok, but it seems a good majority have been bugged.

What does this bug mean?

-If affected, your date and time has been set to a random past date. This prevents you from signing into PSN, playing any PSN games, or using any DLC. Your trophies will also not display correctly or be able to sync.

How do I fix it?

-You can’t. Even if you don’t sign into PSN, it won’t help. This is a hardware issue.

So, what do I do?

-Wait 24 hours. Other products that have had similar bugs have corrected themselves after the “bugged” day. On Monday around 8pm central time, all PS3s will automatically correct themselves…maybe.

-If that doesn’t work, we’ll need a firmware update from Sony, which should be a pretty important priority for them right now.

Did I lose my data/themes/etc?

Your save data/games/dlc/themes are fine. They’ll be fixed when the PS3 is fixed. Trophies are uncertain right now, but they’ll be fine if you’ve synced them before the PS3 was bugged. Unsynced trophies are an unknown right now.

If I have a bugged PS3, can I still use it?

It’s probably not a good idea, as I have no idea what will happen to the trophies you earn during the bugged time. Movies/media will work fine.

SOURCE
Back to top Go down
-aXe-
Dominions
Dominions
-aXe-

PostSubject: Re: PS3 WorldWide Error   PS3 WorldWide Error EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 12:31 am

PS3 WorldWide Error 15qp8y9
Back to top Go down
meindadam
Virtues
Virtues
meindadam

PostSubject: Re: PS3 WorldWide Error   PS3 WorldWide Error EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 5:23 pm

Alls good and its back on, date and time was messed up though 29/4/2020 Laughing
Back to top Go down
Avalanche_666
Beelzebub
Beelzebub

PostSubject: Re: PS3 WorldWide Error   PS3 WorldWide Error EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 6:11 pm

meindadam wrote:
Alls good and its back on, date and time was messed up though 29/4/2020 Laughing

did you need to download an update??
Back to top Go down
meindadam
Virtues
Virtues
meindadam

PostSubject: Re: PS3 WorldWide Error   PS3 WorldWide Error EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 6:18 pm

Avalanche_666 wrote:
meindadam wrote:

did you need to download an update??

No it just worked, it was a date error that meant the PS3 (Fat ones) did not understand a leap year so it lost the plot and did some timetravel. Sony did not fix it, it fixed itself.
Back to top Go down
Anarchist213
Angels
Angels
Anarchist213

PostSubject: Re: PS3 WorldWide Error   PS3 WorldWide Error EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 6:22 pm

HA! jokes on you guys my ps3 is broken. So i couldnt get this bug if i tried
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 WorldWide Error   PS3 WorldWide Error EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 11:47 pm

Yeah its back up, i set the date via internet and now it works woo
Back to top Go down
-aXe-
Dominions
Dominions
-aXe-

PostSubject: Re: PS3 WorldWide Error   PS3 WorldWide Error EmptyTue 02 Mar 2010, 1:04 am

I like how Sony is taking credit for fixing this. The truth is, the BIOS clock on all the fat PS3s runs on GMT. Which is why everything came back at around 7pm for the EST Americans. Fat PS3s were locked out for a solid 24 hours. The BIOS clock on the PS3 then went from Feb 29th to March 1st, and was able to be resynced with the PSN servers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 WorldWide Error   PS3 WorldWide Error Empty

Back to top Go down

PS3 WorldWide Error
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
666-Clan :: Gaming. :: Gaming News.-
Jump to: